Straightforward advice when you need it!

Are you struggling with taking care of someone or yourself? Or you just need some help around the home or garden?

Below is a step by step guide on what you need to do if you’re looking at in-home care services.

Step 1.

Deciding on whether you would like to be assessed for subsidised aged care services or pay for the services privately. If you’re requiring government funding keep on reading. Or if you would like to pay for the services privately, please click here

Step 2. 

If you choose to be assessed for the subsidised care you will need to contact My Aged Care Contact Centre on 1800 200 422.

Following your discussion with My Aged Care, if your needs indicate you might need a home care package, you will be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to complete an assessment.


If you would like to pay for services privately you can contact Gratis Home Care directly and we will organise a visit to come and meet with you.

For more information, we have provided booklets for you to download.

How to access services (484 downloads)